Thursday, November 18, 2010

Emily's Kids Foundation

Emily's Kids Foundation's mission is to provide "charitable contributions to directly benefit families with children who have cancer."

"to directly benefit families" ... this says it all. During the cancer fight, the family can fall apart - emotionally, financially, and physically. Emily's Kids foundation aims to alleviate some of that financial burden which, in turn, alleviates some of the emotional toll of the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.

Emily was "on the floor" when Lindsay was. I will never forget the night she became an Angel. I can't write about it here -- in part because it isn't my story to tell and in part, because it is simply too hard. What I will share is that her mother reached out to me at a time when Lindsay's diagnosis was SO new and SO painful. I am not at all surprised that Emily's parents are continuing to reach out.

Even though you may have never heard of Emily's Kids, this is exactly the type of organization that makes the biggest difference. Please consider them for your office's Secret Santa charity!

No comments:

Post a Comment